I hope everyone had an amazing, wonderful holiday season and 2013! Mine was great but also … challenging. Yes, challenging is a good word for it. But it’s now a new year, the slate has been wiped clean, and I’m ready to attack 2014 with a renewed spirit!
My writing goals?
- Submit the midgrade I worked on last year. (Actually, this is a cheater goal since my agent has everything ready to submit, but it makes me feel good when I can cross something off my list.)
- Give my website a much-needed makeover, seeing as how my picture at the top is … oh, 8yrs old, yikes!
- Rewrite the young adult novel that’s been on my back burner for a year.
- Do 52 writing exercises.
- Read 50 books.
- Write a midgrade during May Midgrade Madness.
- FINISH NANOWRIMO!! Seriously. This has been on my list for … oh, at least 8yrs but I’ve never finished. So this is the year! I can feel it. Can you feel it?
- Finally give up on a young adult novel called PRETTY ANGELS. I’ve been bashing my head over this story for … oh, a really long, long time but I’ve never been able to figure it out. It’s time to just bury the sucker because PRETTY ANGELS is anything but pretty.
- Get over my blogging fear and stop doubting myself. (This one might be the hardest.)
To make these goals easier to reach, my awesome, wonderful father bought me a new laptop for Christmas! I adore it. Core i5? Touchscreen? Yes, please!
So Happy New Year, everyone! Let’s make 2014 spectacular!